The Center for Leadership Development Initiative, Liberia (CELDI-Liberia) is a children and youth development organization that focuses on the educational, leadership, spiritual, and social developments of underprivileged children and youth from slum communities in Liberia. We seek to provide interventions in one of the above areas (education) because a “significant number of children drop out of school before finishing primary school and those who do graduate are often promoted to the next grade without the skills and learning needed for continued success. This has resulted in high rates of underachievement, low self-esteem, less interest in education, and high drop-out rates within our target communities.”
Our Mission, Vision, & Goals
We envisage a new generation of proactive servant-leaders with the commitment to develop others, build stronger communities, cultivate a quality educational system, and create a culture of academic excellence among underprivileged children.
What We Believe?
- That we have a divine instruction to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
- That “… children are an heritage of the Lord: and his reward (Psalm 127:3).
- That we should not “… [prevent] the little children to come unto [Jesus], … for of such is the kingdom of God.
- Jesus came “… that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (St. John 10:10).
- That “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men [and women]” (Frederick Douglass).
CELDI’s Official Logo & Description
The Center for Leadership Development Initiative—CELDI has finally developed its official logo. This logo is our newest and it will be used on our social media page, website, and on all official documents, as of July 26, 2016. Please see below the descriptions (meanings of colors and images) of the logo:
The green color: Represents hope for growth and change.
The gold color: Represents the royalty of the services we provide.
CELDI: Represents the acronym of the organization.
The gold bars: Represent the waves of impact that CELDI is making on lives and within the communities.
The humanlike images: Represent the growth level of the children and youth that we are developing.
The plain background: Represents the transparency of our operations.